Friday, May 25, 2018

Raptor Attack!

November 2015, I just had my VNS follow up appointment. Dr. Combie had increased the strength and frequency of the VNS. I was on 25 mg of Onfi twice a day, 50 mg of Zoloft, 1 mg of Ativan every eight hours, 50 mg of Tramadol every six hours, and 10 mg of cyclobenzaprine twice a day. This is nothing by the way.

Later on that month, Joel's cousin was coming up to our place for dinner. Joel was in the shower, I was in our room folding laundry and straightening up while dinner was cooking. Joel and I were making some jokes through the non-soundproof wall. Then the jokes became one sided. I was on the floor, looking up at Joel in his boxers. He was on the phone with my mom. I was trying to get up and he kept yelling "Just lay down!" I looked at my leg.

"Hey, my leg..."

"Lay down!!"

Jesus, take it down a notch. He was walking into the kitchen after he got off the phone with my mom. He called his cousin and told him I had just had a seizure and that he probably didn't want to come up for dinner. Well, he was just pulling into the driveway. While Joel was distracted, I checked out my leg and started to get up. His cousin saw me in the bedroom and said, "How are you even walking??" Damn it! Joel came right in.


"Why aren't you laying down??"

"Because I can walk!"

"Go lay on the couch at least."

"Fine!"

That didn't last too long I was up checking on the food.

"Babe, get on that couch"

Eye roll. I went back to the damn couch. Then I was served dinner. That's a perk, right? But look at my leg, tell me that doesn't look like I was in Jurassic Park and one of the raptors attacked my ass!

Oh my goodness, of course I will tell you the what did we miss part! Joel. Shower. Jokes. Silence. Panic. Joel hopped out of the shower, no towel. I had fallen backwards and hit my leg on the end of bed frame. You know that metal part? Joel was standing over my face making sure I hadn't hit my head. Well......as he was dripping water all over, I had looked up and looked at him like he had violated me. So he hurried and grabbed some boxers. Those I remember.

As he's telling me this part of the story, holy shit I was DYING!!! I hadn't laughed so hard in a long ass time. I mean, the my chest hurts I can't breathe laugh!


DON'T FORGET TO CLICK FOLLOW TO GET UPDATES ON NEW POSTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus

So who the hell lit the black flame candle that just effed up my Halloween?? ;) You gotta love that movie, if you don't your childhood...