Friday, May 25, 2018

A Finger For Dinner?

January 2016. I just had another VNS follow up. I was having problems breathing at night from the VNS so Dr. Combie didn't increase it at all. My other medications stayed the same as well, except for Onfi. Now it would be 25 mg in the morning and 20 mg at night.

Something was very wrong with how I was feeling. I stayed on the bed until Joel got home. I hurried to him and for the first time I told him, "My magnet is on the left side of my pants if anything happens." Screw the "How was your day honey?' let's go with "Hey, I'm probably going to seize." Poor guy.

We sat on the couch for dinner to watch a movie. Ten minutes later, I was taking a bite of my sweet potato. Why is Joel on the phone and I'm on the floor? Who is he talking to?? What about me going to my parents?????

I did it again. I gave him fair warning! God damn it he's about to break up with me! Shit, I'm hyperventilating! EFF why does my tongue hurt so bad???


He didn't break up with me. I almost bit his finger off though. I went into my grand mal just after I put that sweet potato bite in and pulled out the fork. I didn't get to enjoy my sweet potato!! Joel got me on the ground, on my left side. Now standard seizure response is, don't put anything in their mouth.

Something was already in there though. Joel didn't have much choice. I suffocate and he loses me, or he potentially loses a finger. Tough decision. He got the sweet potato out of my mouth. In the process of him losing some skin off his finger, I bit the hell out of my tongue.

He was able to try the magnet with my VNS while I was seizing. It didn't really have that much of an impact.
He saved me. Again.

Look how weird my tongue bruised. Yuck! It's like I ate a popsicle on one side of my tongue. So weird. I was talking pretty funny for about a week. I had to ice that baby for several days.

My taste buds still work. Joel is no longer a fan of sweet potatoes.


DON'T FORGET TO CLICK FOLLOW TO GET UPDATES ON NEW POSTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus

So who the hell lit the black flame candle that just effed up my Halloween?? ;) You gotta love that movie, if you don't your childhood...