Monday, May 14, 2018

You're A Woman Now

Once I turned 17 going on 18, I had to have a pow wow with Dr. Savia. Since he was a pediatric neurologist, he could no longer treat me. My dad took me to my appointment. This was going to be my last visit with a doctor who had been there for me for 10 years.

I hopped up on the patient table for the last time (sad face). I had my last neuro test with him. That reflex test always made me laugh. Not only did it tickle but I would nearly kick him every time. We were discussing who would take over my case. He recommended Dr. Constantino, who is back to being my current doctor and my saving grace. We had to break up for a while once I went to college.

I had been on Depakote for 10 years. That relationship was going to end too. In the most awkward way possible. Once we settled who would take over as my neurologist, we had to talk about the dangers of Depakote. I wasn't very clear on what the problem was. Then it was made clear.

"We need to get you off of the Depakote. In the event that you become sexually active there would be major problems on Depakote with the pregnancy."

Shoot me.


It's awkward enough to hear the term "sexually active" but to have this conversation with my father right there with the expression on his face
....Come on!!

It was near impossible to date before since my dad made it extremely uncomfortable in the first place with his Italian dad presence. Now it was just going to be impossible to date.










DON'T FORGET TO CLICK FOLLOW TO GET UPDATES ON NEW POSTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus

So who the hell lit the black flame candle that just effed up my Halloween?? ;) You gotta love that movie, if you don't your childhood...